Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Matt's Momma

Matt's mom is in the hospital again. She's been there off and on (mostly on) since February of this year. She took a turn for the worst for a little bit, recovered, and then just dipped again. I can only imagine the stress this must be on his Dad. She's in the hospital due to diabetes related issues. I believe her kidneys aren't functioning correctly, nor is her liver. In addition to that, she's losing it mentally (kind of... not sure if it's the drugs, the liver backing up, or something else). We just trust in the Lord completely. I am so grateful that life just doesn't end at death. Sheri is a good lady. I used to go to her house and just visit with her and Budd. Those were some really good times. She always knew everything about everyone! She cracks me up. She is a fantastic cook (I'll never compare... so why try?), she could arrange flowers beautifully (she'll be happy about my arrangement), and she had a great wit that is required to be part of this family (I'm slowly learning... give me 30 years). I truly love my mother (and father) in law.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom goes and visits her now and then, and they have some nice talks. We all keep her in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

one more thing...she makes the best cream puffs EVER.