Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baby Clothes

I absolutely love baby clothes. They are so adorable. Besides, everything is cuter smaller. I am just curious, as I have been every pregnancy, who sizes the clothing. So far, neither of my little boys have worn the 3M clothes at 3 months old. Dylan, who is 5 1/2 months old, is wearing size 9 month clothes. Granted, they are a little large, but still.... I know I am not the only one to have this problem. I guess my kids aren't cookie cutter kids. (Good thing!) It just makes me wonder. You'd think Carters and all those other companies would have caught on by now that the sizing doesn't match the months. I guess that is why they also list the poundage the outfit should fit in the tag. Anyhow, this is what I have been thinking about.

Is it Friday yet?

7 comments:

Abigail said...

nope. Not friday until tomorrow. Will your husband let Dylan wear a one piece long sleeve sweater romper with hood? It's khaki and light blue striped and super cute. I got it on clearance at old navy last year. size 6-12 m. So it should fit him this fall if he's already in 9 months! Let me know if Matt will actually let him wear it!

Unknown said...

i'm with you on the sizing.. Hunter NEVER wore anything newborn.. he came home from the hosp wearing a 3month outfit that Ben had to go find in the box of clothes at home because my lovely vision of all my kids wearing the same outfit home was shattered by an almost 10 pound baby!
so yea i get it!

Myhouse4nine said...

I just figure up till they are like two that what ever age they are you double it. At least that is what I buy for... Old Navy and Gap are the closest to real size for my family.

Carla said...

forget the clothes...Diapers and onesies are the way to go...Why...even my 10 year old still wears a onsie..hahah jk

Freth Stifter said...

Now it's FRIDAY!

Maybe that clothes size thing is so that most parents feel proud that their child is bigger than the norm ...

or maybe the clothes sizes were established in 1950 when the babies were smaller ...

Abigail said...

Gorgeous! Tel me how you did your blog so pretty!!

The Swails Family said...

I love your blog and all the pictures. So adorable!!