Very few people are like these friends.
Even though it may be YEARS between visits with some of my friends, it's so nice having the kind of relationship where we just pick up where we left off.I've noticed that this
phenomenon doesn't occur with everybody. In fact, it's kind of sad when you see someone after a long period of time
and you are at a loss for words and the conversation seems strained.
However, when I do meet up with one of my best friends (from some time period of my life),I remember why I love that person so much!
If I am forgetting an important person in this collage, it's not intentional. I, most likely, don't have your picture (Janet) or I temporarily had a brain lapse and will remember at 3am that you are truly one of these people.
For now, this post is a tribute to those fantastic people that I love dearly. It was sparked by a visit from Jane (see photo below). She and I were in 2nd grade together and grew up near each other and have always been the best of friends (except for 4th grade). The story is similar for most the people on this post, OR, if I haven't known a certain person for that long, for some reason we clicked and it just feels that way.
To all my friends: I love you dearly and am so grateful for you!!
Now, hopefully I will see you sometime before I am 30....errr... I mean 40.
3 comments:
I love you, Shannon! Thanks for ALWAYS being a great friend. I hope I see you before we turn 40!
It could be a very busy year.. You have a lot of great firends to visit! I am glad that you have those kinds of friend. I have a few too - I am very thankful for them! They make life better!
Hey Shannon. This reminded me of my friendship with Carrie. We have been good friends since the 3rd grade! It has ben about 23 years and we are still good friends. Even though we live miles apart now and only get to see each other rarely, it's like we were never apart when we get togher! Good friends like these only come once in a lifetime!
Post a Comment