Saturday, August 16, 2008

It all adds up...

For those of you breastfeeding out there, congratulations!! That's fantastic! You are giving your baby vital nutrients and saving yourself a lot of money. I'm proud of you.

I, on the other hand, am no longer in cow mode. (I mean that with love. I do enjoy the bonding experience). Little Dylan goes through a can of formula every 8 days. That totals out to be $575 in a year on formula...if he stays at the same pace / same # of ounces. Odds are, it will go up.

So, don't you feel better about yourself for breastfeeding? Good. YOu should. My next one will be breastfed for a year. That's the goal.

7 comments:

Carla said...

i breast fed Lucky for a year and a half....breast feeding that long does have its down side...he is now obssesed with naked barbies...!!!

Unknown said...

Bradley never got the boob and he's just fine..he's very etc. etc.. so i hope you aren't beating youself up over this.. My my mother was concerned about not breast feeding one of my brothers for a full year and the dr told her "he'll be fine.. if your that concerned get him a girlfriend".. after looking at this typed i think i looses something in the translation...
anyway he'll do fine!!!
luv ya!!
Ky

Kira =] said...

It's okay. it's more important for Mommy to be happy!

I've never gotten "warm fuzzies" from breastfeeding. It's more of a "Yeah!" (frat guy style) when I hear them gulping and when they pull off with a drunk smile and milk dribbling down their chin. =]

Taylor H. said...

oh, i don't deserve any credit for Adam and Lily! I believe that was Josh and Laura. I just hung out with them on Sam & Amber's wedding day because we carpooled! it was fun though! I'm wasy happy for them. Chicago is good. But I can't wait to go home in a month and a half!

kahnfam said...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm wearing the braclet you guys gave me today. Every time I wear it, I think of you! You're a great friend!

wilkinson family said...

don't stress about it. yeah the cost of formula sucks. i ended up buying "parents choice" powdered formula at wal-mart for my kids since it was the cheapest. karina stopped nursing at 8 months (i was preggo again), wayne at 4-6 months (i was working and the pump and save didn't work out to well..i kept forgetting to do it. gabriel was 4-6 months. only nathaniel and tali nursed for 1 yr., i couldn't nurse any longer i wanted my boobs back and to not feel like a milk cow anymore. so i understand completely.

Sherry said...

No worries, you always do what you can. Remember that he'll start eating real food soon, so his formula budget should actually go down. I have lots of frozen fruit and plenty of applesauce and almost always bananas for when he comes over! I also have several boxes of baby cereal as well that I've got waiting for him. Keep up the good work, you are a great mom!