Saturday, October 17, 2009

My First Craft Fair!

Oh my happiness! I had so much fun! I love things like this... (you can click on the pictures to make them larger). The highlights of the day were: people watching, having fun, selling bows, getting a break for some Shannon time, and visiting with my friend Leslie, who came to help me out. It was just fabulous! I got rave reviews from the people checking out my booth, which totally boosted my ego. That alone was worth the day. I do make cute bows, if I do say so myself.
I had pictures of models wearing the bows and the prices on them so people wouldn't constantly be asking me how much they were. Turned out that everyone LOVED the pictures. The one of Riley was a big hit. No one knew he was a boy.
I thought it was successful. I only sold $51 worth of stuff (in 3 1/2 hours), but that is okay with me. Remember all the above mentioned positive aspects of the day? Well, I learned a lot, changed some of my ideas, got feedback, checked out the competition, etc. It was super fabulous.
Now, if any of you need bows, please let me know. I'll do a post on that very soon. I have lots, and I custom make to your liking, etc. Happy day!


5 comments:

April said...

Wow I'm glad that you had a good time at your craft fair, and I just love your bows. Hey would you mind sending me some cute bows for a baby girl (Brian's baby) they are having their shower for her Nov. 7-whatever $20 will buy including shipping. Thanks Shannon you are the best:) I'll send you some money, do you have a website?

Freth Stifter said...

So ... what's the online address to order bows???? :-)

(that little sign on the table said we could do that ... but you have to give out the address)

sleepless said...

wonderful presentation ...very professional !!

Livvy's Mom said...

Hey Shannon.... do you have a website for orders.... I have three girls and would love some bows!!! let me know thanks Tamma

Jill said...

What a business woman :) I did make that bow for Sarah (to match her dress for the wedding) but I didn't really do a great job of it. I would have ordered one from you but I didn't have enough time... so sad. Way to go though at the craft fair... I'd take $51!