Friday, October 16, 2009

No wonder I have a headache

This is our idea of fun: melting chocolate and dipping things in it, then rolling it in sprinkles. It's also quite popular with the boys and people we give the yummies to. Riley had fun (I'm sure) watching us.

Levi has done this many times and is very good at it. He also knows not to double dip, how to stay clean, and to ask before eating.
This is where the headache part comes in. Dylan doesn't know how to do any of that stuff Levi knows. He almost double dipped, but I stopped him and got him his own bowl of chocolate so people wouldn't get Dylan germs. Plus, Dylan just wanted to lick all the chocolate off the stuff he dipped (except for marshmallows, he ate those).
I left for a second to get sprinkles (literally, a second... they were in the same room). In that time, Dylan had grabbed all the pretzels we had dipped and had them in his mouth! The kid is fast and really likes food. So, we had to start all over with the pretzels, and Dylan had a great time getting to lick all the chocolate off the ones he stole. By the end of our project, Dylan was definitely covered in chocolate, he ended up strapped into his high chair to observe the process, and both boys got baths. It was fun though.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

You're brave to even attempt that!