Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fudge

I just made fudge with the boys (and they are currently playing hide-the-racecar and entertaining themselves behind me... Sweet!). Anyhow, back to the fudge. The recipe was entirely sugar, marshmallows, and chocolate. That's my kind of treat, except as we dumped in 4 1/2 cups of sugar I cringed. Yuck. It made me think of my beloved See's Candy. Please don't burst my bubble and tell me truthfully that it is pure sugar. I think it's pure goodness. However, I think half the batch of fudge (at least) will be given away because we cannot eat that much junk. It was a sad thing for me to realize. The boys loved helping though and their eyes got bigger and bigger as we dumped in more chocolate. Too bad we like goodies so much.

2 comments:

sleepless said...

Oh, don't worry...See's is half wax.

Kim and company said...

It is certainly disheartening to find out how many loved recipes are truly horrible for us. But fudge has it's place!! =)