Sunday, September 12, 2010

A few random things (by Shannon)

Today I wore a skirt with sequins on it to church. I don't think I had 3 boys when I bought it. I think the floor of the chapel has more sequins on it than my skirt now does.

Also, the slip that I am wearing, that I've had for at least 15 years, is unraveling all over the seams. How great that my Mama taught me to sew when I was 5. Thanks Mom.

Baby Riley doesn't like baby cereal. I do! So I have 6 boxes (thank you WIC) to enjoy... it's sort of like comfort food for me. (I know Abby agrees).

Do all boys eat as much as my boys?? I thought I wouldn't have to deal with this constant hunger thing until at least age 12 or so. The other day Levi ate 3 pieces of left over pizza for breakfast, 2 sandwiches for lunch, and snacks in between. Dylan just constanly grazes. At least they do eat fruits and vegetables. Any suggestions???

During church I ate an entire See's candy bar. (Dark chocolate with almonds~ YUM!!) It was just that kind of day. We are feeding the missionaries tonight. I'm hoping the desire to be a missionary rubs off on my boys. I'm sure they'll just torment them (the kids or the missionaries??? Your choice).

I'm excited to take all my coupons to Target. I have been couponing for a while and love love love it. Did you know that Target has coupons on their website? And that Target will take both a Target coupon and a manufacturers coupon for the same item??? It's called stacking, and I have some lovely things to go buy tomorrow. It helps when you're on a budget, which I finally am (It's only taken 31 years).

I have decided that Dylan's super beautiful, big, brown eyes are what help him get out of trouble. When he does something he shouldn't and I sit him down to talk, he looks at me so sincerely and says "Me not do that again". It's just darling and he's so sincere... I just love that kid.

I went to Picture People this past week with a coupon from online for a free 10x13. I'll have to scan in the picture because it's so cute. I took the boys and Matt's phones and they took a cute picture for Matt to put up on the wall in his office.

Speaking of Matt's office, he traded a phone system with someone for a room in their building so that he can have an official "office". Mostly it's because working from home with me and all the boys here isn't working. Why?? Well, if he's here I think he's fair game to help with kids, chaos, and other stuff. You know, I felt bad for men for having to work all their lives but I have now decided that they welcome it as an alternative to being home being useful and dealing with their wife. Just as I was always sure it was easier to go to work, I know now that my husband feels the same way. So bye Matt... enjoy your new office. We'll miss you.

In my spare time (which I fit in whenever I can), I have been working on a quilt for my dear friend Jennifer Wires. Her husband died of a heart attack at the age of 38. I can't even fathom dealing with that. I was sent his favorite shirts and am trying so slowly and patiently (that requires pinning and measuring) to make a nice quilt for her. I am also working on 3 bow orders, and trying to make a huge mass of bows to sell at the California Utah Women boutique (www.cuwonline.com) for October. It's exhausting. Good thing my husband is so helpful. Thank you Matthew!!!

You know, this post is exactly how I talk. I jump around from topic to topic. The only difference is that usually I repeat myself and revisit a topic a few times (thanks Mom for always listening when I constantly do that). Anyhow, I should go hold my crying son. (Dylan lost a sword fight).

It's been fun everyone. Don't forget to give me advice about my starving boys. Thanks in advance.

7 comments:

Freth Stifter said...

I have clients that will look at you sincerely and say they never will do that again ... then they are good for awhile ... before they do it again and end up in lockup.

That last part makes me really sad. Even though I tell them that their bad choices will only hurt one person ... themself.

I have to go see one of those tomorrow. He has been in lockup for a month and is looking at another 12-18 months ...

April said...

Nothing about starving boys, but if you put your t-shirts on a sheet (with fusable tape) then they don't stretch as much as they are much easier to work with:) have fun sewing!!!

Melissa said...

oh.my.gosh. my kids eat like that too.

Any time anyone else watches my kids thats the one thing they comment on, how much they eat! They eat all day!!! When we go out to dinner to a fast food place the boys usually get a big person meal now and not a happy meal--Solomon's only 6! insane!!

And I totally have to agree about Dylan, I have been swept up in those eyes and those cheeks...he will be allowed to get away with murder in nursery! ;-)

sleepless said...

If they are willing to eat fruits and veggies when they say they are hungry..then they really are. We ALWAYS had carrots available first.

Myhouse4nine said...

I always found that my kids eat the most when they are growing. They like get ready to hibernate by packing in the food, then they just drop off their food intake as they are getting taller. So I figure feed them the healthy stuff when they are hungry and then don't worry about them later when they don't want to eat. :)
Example: 3 year old eatting 2 bowls of oatmeal, and then having a 2nd breakfast in an hour or so... Next month you are trying to see if they want to eat ANY thing... Good luck

AM said...

Well I know that you are not going to be in the same position as my mom with boys (number wise), but if it makes you feel any better my mom just told me that on average she would go through 24 loaves of bread a week, 2 gallons of milk a day, 20lbs of cheese a week, and a 25lb bag of flour a week. Also a standard "first serving" of French toast for us consisted of 12 pieces of bread....Good times at the Monsivais house! BTW your ramblings are great, and they are giving me motivation to keep up on our family blog too. Great job!

Kim and company said...

I feel you pain---I am in the kitchen for many hours everyday. I try to make it a happy place---and try to make 1/2 to 2/3 the plate from plants (meaning grains, veggies, fruits and etc) What a work out! Good luck with the quilt and the bow order. I am so happy to hear that your business is doing great. But WAY alarmed at the baby food---comfort food? That's just crazy girl!