Sunday, May 9, 2010

Really? I had surgery?



On this glorious Mother's Day (I got to sleep in until 7am!! Whoo HOO!)and my birthday being tomorrow, I thought I'd post this picture of me and just sing the praises of modern medicine and surgeons who make a ton of money, and rightfully so.

Remember my ugly pictures from the hole that was cut out of my eyebrow? Dr. Bricca said that my eyebrow probably wouldn't grow back, but he tried to graft some hair into it. I had MOHS surgery for skin cancer and the scar looked pretty horrible. Almost 7 months later there is only a slight indention in my forehead and you really can't tell that I had surgery. I think that's pretty amazing! What do you think?

7 comments:

Emily said...

That is amazing! I am so glad that it is healed and that you have an eybrow =) Haooy Mother's Day dear friend!

Jill said...

You are beautiful! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday!!

Abigail said...

Looks awesome! No one would know! Love the hair Miss curly Shannon!

Rebecca said...

You look awesome Shannon! Modern medicine really is a miracle.

Myhouse4nine said...

I think your scar has healed beautifully!
I wish you a most Fantabulous Birthday tomorrow my dear!!!!!! Will you be 3 this year or four? I can't recall if you are older or younger than T.

sleepless said...

YES !! You had an excellant seamstress do your face !! So impressive !! Happy Birthday to you !!

Orange Peanut said...

So nice!!!