I took a nap today. It was very nice. Now I am tired again though. I felt like today was a complete battle with two little boys... one being more obnoxious than the other. Somedays I wonder why we even bother going to church. I am busy wrestling little people during sacrament meeting, or Matt's in the halls with one or the other, or we're running around trying to do our callings whilst our little ones raise havoc wherever they may be. It's quite frustrating.
In a moment of exasperation my dear friend Erica reminded me why I go to church. Obedience.
It's as simple as that. We are setting an example for our children that lets them know that church is important and they will go. This way, hopefully, there are fewer battles when they are older.
This morning Levi told me, "Mom, I don't want to go to church." I said, "Levi, we're going." He paused a few minutes and then said, "Mom, I'm sick. I think I'll stay home from church."
What?!?!?!? That was just the start of our lovely day.
Despite my exhaustion and failure to accomplish anything productive today, or even hear the testimonies at church, at least Levi went, learned something, and knows all his primary songs. Dylan was cute running up and down the halls, and Matt and I did our callings. I guess that is success. I think I'll go to bed now.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thanks so much for all the bows. I absolutely love them! Sadie has lots of hair so I am even more excited to put bows in her hair.
With a young family ... that is success!
Ms. Shannon---that IS success. I had many years of wondering if the big ol Sunday battle is worth it! It is! Now I sit with my 5 kiddos--the youngest two don't really stay still, but I still get something out of it---AND my older 3 seem to pay attention MOST of the time! Amazing! Just stick in there girley!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this question--I keep reminding myself that we're instilling values. Hopefully it will work every week Bryan says "I hate church" and doesn't want to go he enjoys in once he's in primary and so do I. Sacrament meeting is just **** for right now but I'm told it gets better.
My little one is only 7 months old and I already feel the same way! Like you say, obedience is what matters. Being at church in the hall is better than not being at church at all :o)
Way to see the positive! We have days like that too! Especially on the morning when Ryan and I both have meetings before church. Those are fun mornings, but we get through them. I appreciate all of your service in the Primary! My sons benefit greatly because of you and the rest of the presidency!
Post a Comment