It is true that my children are rarely in clothes while they run around the house. Currently (at 7:36pm) it is over 100 degrees outside and we only have air conditioning in one room. They have only been sleeping in their diapers (or underwear) at night since it is so flippin' hot. Honestly, I am jealous. If I could run around my house in nothing (or close to it and look cute), I would in a heart beat. The problem with that is one time I was wearing a sports bra and my boys saw cleavage and couldn't get over pointing it out, but I digress....
Anyhow, my mom taught me to pick my battles. When we are in public the boys are clothed. I even try to make what they are wearing match. Dylan is CONSTANTLY covering himself in mud/food/water/sand/unknown substances, etc so why even bother trying to keep on top of the laundry? It is much easier this way, trust me.
I hope that has sufficiently answered your inquiry as to why my children are never wearing clothes. I appreciate your comment on my blog, so please, comment again anytime. I hope you have a good evening.
Kindly,
Shannon
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ah, this reminded me that when Maddie was one and we only had 3 windows in our apartment we spent the entire time in our underwear too. And we would probably run around in our underwear as well if we had curtains on all the windows.
I wouldn't give Anonymous the time of day and just DELETE or I think you can choose in the settings weather or not to allow anonymous comments.. the person obviously has never had toddlers.. there will be a time when the boys would rather DIE than let you see them in their underware but for now enjoy them not caring and heck it's freaking HOT!!! I think all my kids lived in just a diaper for many a summer in south and frankley Hunter hated clothes of any kind and we had to fight him to keep them ON IN PUBLIC so your boys are perfectly normal..
big hugs
Ky
Great response to anonymous Shannon. I highly suspect that particular anonymous is uncle R....just rattling your cage and jealous as sin.
Anonymous is either a Type A mother or never did laundry for kids. My best friend from high school also noted that my kids never wore clothes. Then he had his own....
And this is why I constantly remind myself why I don’t like many people. You have beautiful children naked and clothed - who are happy kids. I agree with you, if I could get away being naked all of the time I would as well – but those days are long gone for me. You should have asked her/him to take the very long stick out of his/her behind. I’m rude.
haha! I would run around in as little as I could too...if I could!
Yeah did someone actually comment on that and leave it anonymous? Really.... Kids are very cute running around naked. With my boys they like sleeping intheir underwear/pull-up. I gave up on PJ's. It is less laundry so it is all good!
Post a Comment