It's rather interesting what you can find on the Internet... pretty much anything. I tracked down a few people on facebook and through whitepages.com. I think that if anyone is stalking me, then surely I've been found (please comment if you are).
Today was Levi's first day at soccer practice. He LOVED it! I found it quite comedic to watch a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds run around chasing balls and trying to do stretches. It was so cute! I took a picture or two to post (but they are on my phone). Sometimes I can't believe how old he is. We constantly have pictures running on our television at home (like a slideshow), and I just look at my little Levi's baby pictures (and Dylan's) and am amazed at how quickly time went by. I mean, some parts of the last 5 years dragged on and on and on, but in all reality it was fast!
Dylan is going to get away with so much when he is older. He just does something to make me laugh and then goes ahead with what he planned originally. He does it so well though! He's very goal oriented/motivated/stubborn/focused. That will be good, and that will be bad.
Riley Gus is adorable. He so wants to be running around with the boys. We have a pool in our backyard and he can sit in his floating circle thing (so he doesn't die) and his feet touch the bottom so he can run. He loves going around and around and try to get his brothers (the floating thing around him prevents him from falling). It's fantastic!
Matt is my superhero (without the tights). He cracks me up! I just love being with my husband and I thank my Heavenly Father for him everyday. We've had LOTS of quality time together and we are trying to embrace this next phase of life. I think he's wonderful and I am incredibly happy with him.
I have been sorting out Medi-Cal mess. I am grateful for the programs out there for people in need (both governmentally and with our church). I truly appreciate all the help we have received from individuals and programs. I never wanted to be poor, especially at the age of 31. There's nothing wrong with being poor; I just have to use self control, be more creative with foods, household items, etc., etc. I'm okay with it. Really. It just causes some minor stress. But hey, that's okay. I like change and challenges because they build character and strengthen my testimony. It's sad to think that maybe there was a reason we needed to be humbled. I am grateful for the reminder, and grateful for the chance to be home with my sweet boys.
My dear friend had something interesting to say at church on Sunday. All her kids are leaving home now (college, missions, etc), and she said that she was thankful she got to serve them for the last 18 years. I hadn't thought of being a parent like that. It has sort of changed my perspective on staying home and constantly leading, teaching, corraling, and separating my boys. I just hope my boys turn out as good as hers have so far (she also had 3 boys and then a little girl... maybe I'll follow that example).
Well, it's late and the little people are sure to wake up multiple times in the night (they just love me that much and want me to hold them). I hope all is well with everyone out there reading this! Happy day!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really enjoyed reading your post:) hope all is going well for you!!
I read this post and have been thinking about you ever since. This economy is so tough right now... I know you will make it through! Check out this website: http://www.5dollardinners.com/
I'm always trying to stretch a buck.
- Janelle
Post a Comment