Losing weight is never easy, especially with genetics like mine and 5 pregnancies. It’s hard for me to imagine that I weigh 150 pounds and I’m not pregnant, nor do I have the excuse of having a newborn. My rolls are bothering me, my clothes don’t fit, and I must lose weight. However, I lack motivation. Incentives have always worked with me. That is why I am signing up for a triathlon and soliciting for pledges for my lose-weight-a-thon.
Schools constantly have jog-a-thons. This activity consists of students asking everyone they know to pledge money for every lap they complete while jogging around the field, thus resulting in money being raised for the school, and an afternoon draining their energy. It’s really a win-win all around!
My Lose-weight-a-thon is similar. I aim to lose 30 pounds by August 1st, 2010. I realize this is a large goal, however, I am confident that it is doable (with alotta, alotta work… not words, I know). The catch is I need an incentive. If you are willing to be a sponsor, please pledge anywhere from 1 cent to $2.00 per pound lost. Upon completion of my healthy weight loss, achieved by drastically changing my diet and increasing my physical activity, I hope to achieve my desired weight and improve my overall health, and of course, look better and feel better.
I will also be training for a Triathlon to be held on August 7th, 2010. Your sponsorship will help pay for my entry fee (every little bit helps). Of course, non-monetary support is also requested and needed! I need a cheering section and people to remind me of the importance of putting down the See’s candy.
Simply telling you all about my goals is the first step to me achieving this goal. I am not a slacker and would like to not be seen as such, and so, you reading this and commenting helps hold me accountable to my goal. However you choose to help is up to you. I appreciate your help with my lose-weight-a-thon. If you would like to pledge any money per pound, please email me at need_longer_days@yahoo.com. A sincere thank you goes out to everyone in advance!
Kindly, Shannon
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hurray!
I am concerned with loosing it that fast..make sure you are taking multi vitamins every day !! Get enough calcium too ..your osteoperosis genetics are high...your body will steal the calcium from your bones as needed elsewhere.
you mean you PAY real money to run yourself ragged ? sheesh !!!
I pledge you a dollar per pound and I will train with you. I can also pledge babysitting instead of money if you want. Losing weight sucks but it helps us feel like ourselves. I'm with you sister!
good luck Shannon! I have never, EVER seen you as a slacker and I'm sure that has not changed at all in the past years. I admire your willingness to get down and dirty to accomplish something you want so badly. I don't think I would every psych myself up enough to do a triathalon or a marathon! You are wonderwoman!
Good luck on your goal! Check out my new blog, if you have a chance. It's about me trying to lose the 8 pregnancies of weight.
http://weaknessbecomingstrength.blogspot.com
We can do it together!
Okay, I've never seen this approach before. I'm in for $2/lb. Let me know how it goes!!
Post a Comment