Sunday, February 22, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours.




I do promise that this won't become the world's most depressing blog. However, since it is a journal and you are all my friends, I thought I'd share today's fun adventure. I am sure you have all had your share of house/financial problems... you have my utmost sympathy.

Our roof leaks. In two places. I hope you are enjoying the pictures of my husband putting a tarp up (held down with big bricks) since it's late and raining and we'd rather it didn't get worse. Good times!! Are you having fun yet?? Matt just said "What would top this evening off is if we lose power." Is he trying to encourage bad luck? I think I'll go to bed (then this hypothetical power outage won't be an issue for me). Good night!

11 comments:

Orange Peanut said...

I'm so sorry! I hope the tarps hold up!

Monsivais Family said...

When Meg was a baby we lived in my parents OLD house. It leaked in 10+ places. It was terrible. It was really not fun with a baby and a 2 year old. So I kinda have an idea what you are going though.
Good luck and I hope you are able to get it fixed soon

Jill said...

I'm so sorry too! That sure is unlucky. Good luck!

wilkinson family said...

oh i'm so sorry. not fun at all

sleepless said...

You know dear...for being the nicest person in existance you sure are having a life full of " and all these things shall give thee experience " !!! Just WHAT did you sign up for in the pre-existance ?????

The Moss' said...

Well you're not alone cause our roof was leaking during this past rain too! Luckily I think Matthew fixed it, I guess we'll see, right?

kahnfam said...

I'm so sorry about all the bad luck lately. It always seems to hit at the same time. I hope besides that, you guys are doing well. By the way, you look gorgeous in that picture off to the side!!!!!

kahnfam said...

I'm so sorry about all the bad luck lately. It always seems to hit at the same time. I hope besides that, you guys are doing well. By the way, you look gorgeous in that picture off to the side!!!!!

Amie said...

That's pretty impressive that Matt can go down a ladder head first. :)
All kidding aside, that is no fun! I am so sorry that you are having home troubles. Anything I can do to help?

Jan Parker said...

I hate it for you. I have a love-hate relationship with our house. Love having it but hate the repairs that always crop up. You see, no one warned me about this. And my parents and brothers did all the repairs when I was at home. Personally, I think home ownership is a tad bit over-rated (at least I do when there is yet another repair)

April said...

Did you walk under a ladder lately? J/K Oh the pleasures of home ownership, but if you were renting then you would have to wait for the landlord who might never show up or get it repaired for you--I'm just looking at the positives, are there positives?