Saturday, March 29, 2008

JEANS.

I am so excited! I have a new pair of jeans!! Now, to the rest of the world, this may seem trivial, however, let me explain. I fully believe that a good pair of pants (regardless of the fabric content) can make or break a person. Do you know what I mean? Don't you ladies out there all have an "old lady" pair (sorry old ladies) that go up really high and taper at the legs?? Don't wear those. :-) And... don't you have somewhere in your closet a pair of pants that you LOVE and look super cute in??

Well, first let me preface this entry with the fact that I am a huge fan of thrift stores. I contribute to them and shop at them as well. I have found many a good pair of pants there. HOWEVER, did you realize that stores make jeans in our sizes with the right inseam lengths that don't have to be hemmed?? I learned that for the first time about 2 years ago right after I had Levi. My friend, Wires, gave me a gift card to Kohls and I spent it all on my first pair of jeans that were the right length and fit me too and looked cute! At the time I felt like it was a waste of money. I am sure that if I spent enough time in a thrift store, I would find a similar pair of jeans... the time that would take would be a little too long. Well, since those purchases at Kohls, I have not bought any more jeans at regular price at a non-thrift store. UNTIL TODAY!!!

I am so excited because I got a pair about two weeks ago at the thrift store...transitional pants to help pass the time as I whittle my waist down to my previous size clothes... I have 25 pounds to go. Ugh. Well, the jeans I got and was excited about have a slight problem with the zipper... it won't stay up. That does make it a problem to go in public with. I know I could pin it or something, but then I will feel frumpy or whatnot.

Well, (this is a long story, I realize, but it seriously means a lot to me). After explaining all this to my husband, who happens to be fabulous and probably just wants his emotional post partum wife to be happy, I headed off to the store to purchase a pair of jeans. Yay!! I won't tell you the brand, the size, or the cost (because none are relevant). All that matters is that they are my size, the right length and I don't feel huge or frumpy. (Two essentials after having a kid!)

May you all someday experience this joy if you haven't already. It's a good day!

4 comments:

Myhouse4nine said...

I am so Excited for you! It does make you feel great! Enjoy!

Abigail said...

Yay for great jeans! And I of course know what you mean. And have a pair I love, whether they acutally look good on me or not I don't know, but I love them!

Unknown said...

don't beat your self up about the weight!!! it took you 9 months to put it on so give your self AT LEAST that long! and Congrads on the jeans.. thats one great hubby you've got!!!
hugs
Ky

wilkinson family said...

congrats on the jeans, I know what you mean. a truly great pair is hard to come by that makes you feel good and look good. enjoy them and feel sexy!!! yeah to all moms!!