Monday, July 2, 2012

Riley Gus has SPD

My cute Riley has Sensory Processing Disorder. One aspect of it is that he gets overstimulated while sleeping (or something) and needs a weighted blanket. Double bonus: it helps with Restless Leg Syndrome! (April, you were right!) So, rather than pay the $90 for a weighted blanket (and that was the cheapest with moderately cute fabric) I made him one myself with a set of directions found free online. I do so love the internet. He wanted yellow on his blanket and "something funny". The supplies were $20 and it took me 2.5 hours to make his cool weighted blanket. He loves it but was a little worried that it held him down. We'll see how tonight goes. Hooray!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so happy that you are a crafty girl and are so talented...otherwise this blanket would have been VERY expensive...yeesh! I love his blanket & so glad that he wanted something funny =) Too cute!

Unknown said...

also the ones you buy are kind of "plastic-ie" and this looks much more comfortable.. i've made a few weighted vests for students of mine.. hope this helps!!!

sleepless said...

The blanket looks friendly..the fabric choice is cute,so is the child !!! yay you !!

Myhouse4nine said...

Way to go Miss Shannon! Good sewing!!