Don't freak out on me. Those are stick on jewels that I use for scrapbooking not real earrings on my daughter. However, she does look stinking cute, huh?
Lately I have been working on spending more quality time with my children. This means putting them first and spending time with them playing games, coloring, reading, teaching, etc. It's what I've always meant to do as a Mom and I am slowly getting to that successful point of it being a consistent thing. I'm finding that I actually enjoy it! I do prioritize and put my kids first now above pretty much everything. I feel quite accomplished that I've reached this point. I also feel like I have SO much more to do! It's daunting to think that Matt and I are responsible for these darling kiddos. I do stress out regularly over whether or not anything I teach is sinking it and whether or not I am raising them righteously and if any of it will stick. It's overwhelming really. I think my repetitious prayer every morning for help with them really does work. My patience is improving (at least I think so) until Dylan figures out a way to push my buttons.
I did figure out that if I give Dylan my undivided attention for a good hour and a half each morning that he is pretty good for the rest of the day. Riley's favorite thing to do is run into the street and take off as soon as he's out of the car. He's almost been hit twice. He has to be back in a stroller now because of it and he screams and screams (but I'd rather have that than a squished kid). Levi is a super star reader and math guy. 1st grade is basically easy for him. Hannah crawls all over the place and puts everything in her mouth. Yesterday it was a marble. I didn't say that my cleaning habits improved.... it's pretty hard to get all the little boy stuff constantly off the floor. I am trying though! Obviously I don't want my little girl to choke on something! She's pretty stinking cute. She also eats a lot. She loves to talk (baby babbling), smile at her doll, chew on monster trucks, and watch her brothers.
Matt is busy, busy, busy. I suppose that is good. I'd really just prefer that we were independently wealthy so that he could stay home with me all day long. Wouldn't that be heaven???? I think guys are grateful they get to go to work. Anyhow, we are alive and well. :-)
3 comments:
Yes,I am positive men are thankful they go to work.. work outside the home is easier then the work at home !! You are doing an awesome job with your children. Glad you understand, and yes, the long term significance is HUGE !! As long as you are consistent, and don't sweat the small stuff it will all turn out fine with the kids ! I always figured if it didn't matter to their physical safety their emotional well being or their eternal salvation don't sweat it. Keep up the GOOD WORK !! mama loves you !!!
Great job surviving! I love Hannah's fabulous cheeks in the first picture.
My girls also adore wearing scrapbook gems for earrings!
I can't relate to the boy stuff....I'm just grateful it's not one of the challenges I have.
Love you!
AWESOME!!! That is my goal as well--spending more quality time with my kids. During this last pregnancy I was always SOO tired and I kept telling myself that I'd spend a ton of time with my kids once Demetri was born...so now I'm trying to follow through.
Have you read or hear of the book "The 5 Love Languages?" There's one about the 5 love languages of children too. I'm reading it right now. I bet Dylan's love language is quality time. It basically talks about filling their needs through their love languages will allow them to better listen and obey because their needs are being met. (how's that for a run-on sentence...I have a newborn, cut me a break ;). Anyway, I'm trying to figure out my kids' love languages now!
Post a Comment