Monday, February 7, 2011

Helpful Dylan



Today I painted Hannah's room. It was the blue room and now it is the pink room. It looks just lovely! I started out with one shade of pink that was way too light (pictured above). It wasn't nearly bright enough, but now I have the perfect pink.

When Dylan saw the pink room he said, "Hannah likes purple, not pink." Okay...?%$#?? Well, later as I was dealing with our dog, I noticed Dylan wasn't around. I found him in Hannah's room painting the wall purple with his water colors. (The other picture above). How helpful of him. I'm thankful it washed right off. I explained to Dylan that he could not help me paint and that the room was staying PINK. Some days I just shake my head. Did I mention the room is lovely though??? It is.

5 comments:

Kira =] said...

Oh yay!! and very sweet to try and make sure it's perfect for his little sister. I think he'll be the one to smother her with kisses (if not all of them) You guys make such adorable boys, I can't wait to see your gorgeous Hannah!

I just painted Carlise's room purple. I'll post pictures later this week, maybe that will satisfy his purpleness. =]

Abigail said...

Dylan is such a sweetheart! Glad the watercolour came off easily. That is a gorgeous pink and I am so jealous! I want to paint! It's too cold to paint here though. What brand of paint did you use? Would you recommend that brand?

Myhouse4nine said...

I am sorry he was over stepping his bounds but please note he and his sibs come from a strong willed very tenatious lineage, so it is to be expected that he should have his own assertive opinion.... Watch out mom! Hide all sharpies!Speaking from experience :)

Emily said...

So pretty! I can't wait to see the whole room!

sleepless said...

Good thing his mother used to think nothing of peeling the wallpaper in the kitchen as she talked on the phone...so maybe she understands !!!!!!