Levi is home sick today. I am home with him. He is lying on the couch... I am not. After this post I have a messy house to clean (and then a little boy to hold).
However, this morning we had to go get milk and mail some packages out (Isaac and Amy... incoming!) Levi was quite funny for being sick. I think he watches too much television (and he only gets to watch about an hour a day.)
Me: "Levi, we have to go to the store."
Levi: "For insurance?"
Me: "What?"
Levi: The car insurance store, Progressive.
Me: (lots of laughter). No, we already have insurance.
___________________________________________________________
We pulled up in front of the post office and Levi said, "If it fits, it ships".
Seriously. Is this kid the king of one liners?
___________________________________________________________
And then this was sad: (please note that it was 29 degrees outside this morning, so we were all bundled up)
We got to the store to get milk (and bread... it was actually our first stop) and Levi started crying when I asked him to get out of the car. Since he's sick I attributed it to that. However, he insisted that he couldn't get out of the car. I asked him why not. He said: "My coat is so big people will think I am fat."
Well. We had a lovely discussion about his jacket size, self esteem, other people's opinions, etc. I can't even believe that my 4 year old (4 YEARS OLD!!) was worried about people calling him fat. So now I get to find out where this is coming from. Oh the things parents get to deal with. I can't even imagine having teenagers, or a girl. I hear they are lots of drama. I love my boys. :-)
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my, that was entertaining. Makes me glad Maddie doesn't see commercials (okay it's christmas time, so I'm glad already otherwise I'd have to hear 'I want that' evertime one came on).
That being said, your son doesn't watch too much in his aunt's opinion. . .who's daughter is currently watching teletubbies (ya I keep forgetting to make that go into hiding.)
They ABSORB everything...good luck with that !!! Levi, I am sorry you are sick..I hope you feel better soon..gramma loves you !!
Haha Levi is awesome!!
Give that boy a postal uniform and he can be the new spokesman for the mail!
Post a Comment