Thursday, September 24, 2009

Naptime will never be the same

Yesterday Dylan figured out how to climb out of his crib. He's only a year and a half!! Levi never figured it out, so maybe other kids do...?? I'm just bummed. He would play in his crib when I put him in there and eventually fall asleep. Now what am I going to do?? It took 2 hours last night to get him to stay in his room and sleep in his bed when he finally fell asleep. I can't do that every night. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there momma, it should take at the most two weeks to have to constantly remind him to stay in bed.. It could have been younger... Spencer was 9 mos when he got out of his crib and climbed on top of the changing table which was next to a huge glass window two stories above the ground...

April said...

Yep, I agree just stay consistent and eventually he'll get the jest of it, but my kids never took good naps after they were in toddler bed:( Very sad, some people's kids do though so maybe you'll get lucky

Abigail said...

Ha. Good luck. Maddie still doesn't stay in bed if we aren't in her doorway. We have finally gotten down to it only taking about half an hour of reading to her for her to fall asleep.

Rebecca said...

Crib tent. It's a life and sanity saver.

Unknown said...

I love your header picture it reminds me of a picture my mom has with all three of us kids. Jeanette is holding Matthew and smiling and I am crying and looking at her because she won't let me hold Matthew. Let me know if you figure out the bedtime situation we do the same thing we Logan at night.

PureSafeandBeneficial said...

Sounds just like Jacob! Just keep putting him back down... don't give up. After awhile he will get it but consistancy is the key. We also put a baby gate over the bedroom door. Jacob of course could climb over it but it was just a reminder that he needed to stay in his room. He also spent more time sleeping on the floor and I thought he would never sleep in his bed but he is OK now and sleeps in a regular bed....

Freth Stifter said...

The rule of 3.

The first time you tell him "No. Go to sleep." and put him back to bed. The second time you tell him "No" more forcefully. The third time is bottom meets hand.

Usually a max of 3 nights and he has the picture.

The Rule of 3 can be applied to many things in life. Consistency required.