Sunday, April 12, 2009

Nice Try

Dylan woke up at about 1:30am. I quickly made it to the boys' bedroom and fed him and he went to sleep.... until I put him back in his crib. Then, he started wailing. Sometimes he falls asleep after I leave the room because he knows I won't be back. Ha! Levi emerged and came to tell me that Dylan was awake. Ya... thanks. Now Levi was awake too.

So, by the time Matt came in to put Dylan back to bed, and I comforted Levi until he finally fell asleep, it was 3am. Good times!

People out there who have multiple children in a bedroom~ how the heck do you do it??? It would help if Dylan slept through the night, and normally Levi sleeps through anything. Obviously this isn't going to work out so well. I need your suggestions, please! Thank you!

6 comments:

Jill said...

It will help a lot when Dylan sleeps through the night. Sarah started sleeping all night when she was somewhere around 6-7 months so that isn't generally a problem for us (she does wake up sometimes though). Ryan has learned to sleep through her making any noise. I bet Levi will soon. I do have a noisemaker that is always on at night in their room. It makes it so they don't notice other sounds as much. I think it was $10-20 at Walmart - I'd suggest that, or a fan. I find it really helps. Good luck! We worried about how that would work when we first put them together, but it's worked out and they've learned how to be roommates.

Kira =] said...

Once Dylan sleeps through the night it won't be a problem. All 3 of ours are in the same room. And they've had an adjustment period (a few weeks). But I have a small (& inexpensive) high velocity fan from Wal-Mart (on high) to help with the noise. And now they love sleeping in the same room (sometimes it takes awhile for them to fall asleep). =]

Myhouse4nine said...

I never had a fan for the girls, my boys have an air filter that has been on since they were small due to them being afraid of the outside sounds of cicadas and crickets... My girls have woken up with the adjustment period of a few weeks, but your boys will learn to ignore each other, hang in there, I realize you miss sleep but it will be so much better by the time the next one comes along:)

Maren said...

WOW three boys. Congrats

April said...

My kids didn't have a choice I guess, and eventually (like alarm clocks) they will sleep right through it, mine did. They will figure out the wailing isn't for them. I sleep right through Nathan's alarm clock, William sleeps through Bryan waking up crying to go to the bathroom, just be patient it will happen, but then I don't pretend to think that other people's children are the same--they're all different so you have to find what works for you!

Carla said...

dont even bother...grab both your babies and take them to your bed and cuddle them all night....you'll miss those nights when your boys are 10 and want nothing to do with you.....it took 4 kids to learn this....I cant sleep with out my Lucky wraped compleatly around me, using my boobies for pillows!