Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Disclaimer

As pointed out by my brother, Isaac, and probably being questioned by many, yes, I do have a degree and even a Master's degree with an emphasis on English. I realize that such an accomplishment might lead many of you to assume that I use correct grammar and punctuation always. Alas, I do not... My husband is most amazed by this revelation. I always tell him that I take the weekends off from thinking, speaking and writing correctly. Therefore, you may find grammatical errors in my blogs, emails and letters. Suck it up and deal with it. :-) Also, when I post, it is like I am talking and writing to my friends and I just go at it instead of wondering if everything is "right". So, unless you want a paper on some fantastic subject (I enjoy writing papers), don't expect too much out of me. And yes, Isaac, I do want to use the sleep deprived excuse to explain away my many incorrect tendencies when writing and talking. :-)

I am human. I have errors. I don't claim perfection. If you ARE expecting perfection, then please let me know ahead of time and I will do my best to write a flawless email or letter just for you!

This message comes to you with not one ounce of me being offended... I just wanted to set the record straight! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Amy Kathleen said...

You know I was just razzing you, right.
That's what brothers are for, even if we are all growed up.

If you were perfect, I wouldn't except you to still be here.

Love ya,
Isaac

Sandy Plummer said...

ya know! I look at Blogs as "free writes!" When you "free write" you don't have to punctuate or even make sense, and grammer....as if I have time when blogging to use good grammer...is not a big deal either! Blogging is a free write that others get to read, so don't worry about correct English!
Who learned me how to written?

Myhouse4nine said...

I used to be terrified to write notes to my kids teachers at school! I was sure that I was going to misspell something and they would send me a correction or a failing grade or something.. Then I realized I had 2 nieces that we teachers and they would never send me a failing grade for writing them a note and I no longer stressed it. I am glad you won't worry either, brothers just like to get your dander up! Have a great day!

Orange Peanut said...

You go girl! Write how you want to!