Friday, May 9, 2008
My Attempt at Gardening
Hello world! I do not have a green thumb or the ability to keep plants alive. For this reason I have never had a garden or tried to have one. Well... I have this fabulous neighbor named Sherry who is an expert at gardening. She has the desire and is willing to help me in my attempt to beautify our yard. What a nice friend!! (Thanks Sherry... She's the one in the picture with me). So yesterday we started on the small section in front of the house. We began by weeding it (we did a good job!) and we ran into a root. Not just any root, but a HUGE ole honkin' root that dove (probably) under our foundation... the joys of owning a home!
This is the root. See how it runs the length of the cement patio?? We are going to hack it up and dig that sucker out! Right after we got our house we paid lots of money to have 7 trees removed from our property (yes, I miss the shade seriously). I know what you are all thinking... HOWEVER... the trees were REALLY, REALLY close to the house and have caused the drive way, sidewalk, etc to be raised and cracked and they needed to go before our house got destroyed. This root is an example of what those massive trees could do. Amazing.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Now that's a root!
I am also attempting to garden this year. Eddie, 2 Elders and I have weeded the plots that Grandpa set up way back when and we will hopefully get some stuff planted this weekend!!! Maybe today!!!!
Dee
I'm like you Shannon, I don't have a single ounce of a green thumb whatsoever! How nice it is of your neighbor to help you out. It looks like you guys have a lot of work to do with that HUGE root!
Go Shannon!! And good luck, cause I know you've got those insane roots EVERYWHERE!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
You have forever ingrained it in my brain!!!!! I love you anyway! Hope you have a great day! A.H.
Post a Comment